Piney Creek
About Us
HOA Management
Contact Us
Village Sub-association
Swimming Pool
Basketball Court
Court Reservations
Parks & Playgrounds
Architectural Review
Assessments / Payments
Documents & Forms
Event Registration
Lost & Found
Meeting Minutes
Piney Creek Social Committee
Photo Album
Site Search
Sites of Interest
Trash and Recycling
Who to Contact for ...



Architectural Control
  • chevron_rightCan I install a satellite dish or cable TV?
    Yes you may install a satellite dish and/or cable TV per the provisions of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Simply stated, homeowners are allowed to install a "dish" antenna that is one meter (39") or less in diameter and is designed to receive direct broadcast satellite service, including direct-to-home satellite service. Any satellite dishes and antennas over one meter (39") are not covered by the Act and are therefore still prohibited in Piney Creek. The Act and Rules permit some regulation by the Association, such as the means, method and location of the dish or antenna installation, as long as no "unreasonable" delay or cost is involved.
    The Association can still require compliance with building codes, unobtrusive placement, painting, camouflage and other reasonable measures to ensure the safety of the installation and minimize the visual effect on the community.
    Homeowner's are required to submit an Architectural Improvement Request Form for approval of the placement of the dish.
    Residents are requested to be sensitive to their neighbors and work with the installers to choose an aesthetically pleasing location so that property values are not adversely affected. Homeowners are asked to hide coaxial cable behind brick, wood trim, gutters, downspouts, landscaping, etc. so that the least amount of cable is visible to neighbors and drive-by traffic.
  • chevron_rightHow long does it take the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) to review my request?
    The governing documents for Piney Creek allow the ACC 45 days to review your request, however, most requests are handled in 7 - 10 business days. The ACC does not wait for its monthly meeting to review requests. Requests are generally mailed to ACC members on the same business day that they are received in the clubhouse office. Incomplete requests and requests that lack sufficient supporting documentation are returned to the homeowner, delaying the review process. Please read the instructions thoroughly.
    Homeowners who proceed with their improvement without the approval of the ACC do so at their own risk.
  • chevron_rightWhen do I have to file an Architectural Improvement Request Form with the Architectural Control Committee (ACC)?
    Any exterior alteration or addition to your house and/or landscape requires the submission of an Architectural Improvement Request Form to the Architectural Control Committee for Piney Creek (ACC). This includes the front, back and side yards. Repainting or restaining your house requires the submission of a request form and color chips (color samples) to the ACC. Forms may be obtained by calling the community manager at 303-699-8069 or you may print out the on-line version of the form by clicking here. You may access specific guidelines concerning ACC issues by clicking here.
  • chevron_rightWho should I call with my Architectural Control Committee (ACC) questions?
    The on-site community manager is the proper person to call when you have an ACC question. Please do not attempt to contact our volunteer ACC members. Requests and questions must be routed through the on-site community manager at 303-699-8069.
  • chevron_rightHow do I make a clubhouse reservation?
    Clubhouse reservations are arranged through the on-site community manager at 303-699-8069. The Piney Creek clubhouse is available for use by members of the Piney Creek Recreational Association, Inc. Reservations are on a first come basis and may be made no sooner than 60 days in advance of your event and no later than 5 days prior to your desired date. Piney Creek residents reserving the clubhouse must be present during the function for which they have made a reservation. A security deposit of $600.00 is required. There are currently no additional charges for using the clubhouse. You may also obtain further information about the clubhouse by clicking here
  • chevron_rightCan I have my maintenance fees automatically deducted (EFT) from my checking or savings account?
    Yes you can. You may arrange this by requesting a form from the management company at 303-369-1800. A copy of this form is also published in each edition of the Piney Creek "Chronicle" newsletter. The form can also be found on Westwind Management's web site by clicking here. We encourage you to sign up for this no cost direct withdrawal by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
  • chevron_rightHow do I get my maintenance fee payment coupon book?
    After your title company notifies the management company of a change in ownership, a maintenance fee payment coupon book is ordered for you. It will be sent to you in the mail. How quickly you receive your coupon book is dependent upon how quickly the title company notifies the management company of your closing. If you have not received a maintenance fee coupon payment book within 60 days of your closing, please contact the management company at 303-369-1800.
  • chevron_rightWhen are my maintenance fees due?
    Maintenance and Recreational association fees are due on the first (1st) of each month. If payment is not received by the 30th of the month, a late fee of $10.00 per Association will be assessed to your account.
  • chevron_rightWhat is the approved fence stain color?
    The approved fence stain for Piney Creek is:
    For Piney Creek properties located north of Orchard Road:
    Ponderosa Paint Center (Benjamin Moore)
    15460 E Orchard Rd
    COLOR - "FS2"
    Home Depot
    Chambers & Parker Rd
    COLOR - "Piney Creek 1"
    KWAL Paints
    3106 S Parker Road
    COLOR - Number 08-1175 BLD
    For Piney Creek Village (Filing 2) located south of Orchard Road:
    Ponderosa Paint Center (Benjamin Moore)
    15460 E Orchard Rd
    COLOR - "Village Gray"
    Home Depot
    Chambers & Parker Rd
    COLOR - "Piney Creek 2"
    KWAL Paints
    3106 S Parker Road
    COLOR - "Dune Gray"
    The staining of visible fence surfaces is mandatory in The Meadows, Filing #8, and in the Glen Filing #13 per the protective covenants. Homeowners residing in the other sub-divisions are encouraged to stain their fences using the approved products. The Architectural Control Committee (ACC) does review the condition of private fences on an annual basis. Requests are made to homeowners to repair and stain their fences when these fences become unsightly. All fences must meet the standards for appearance in the neighborhood. If staining is necessary to meet the standards of appearance, the ACC may require it. The Board of Directors for the Piney Creek Maintenance and Recreational Associations has agreed to provide a small quantity of the approved Piney Creek fence stain to homeowners who need to stain over graffiti or replace/repair a small number of fence pickets on privately owned fences. They have also agreed to provide a limited number of fence pickets for repairs. The stain is available in one-quart containers and the limit is on-quart per homeowner. Pickets are limited to four (4) per homeowner. These supplies are free. You may arrange to pick up these supplies by contacting the community manager at 303-699-8069.
  • chevron_rightWho is responsible for fence maintenance?
    In general, fences that border common areas of the community are maintained by either the Piney Creek Maintenance Association, Inc. or the Piney Creek Recreational Association, Inc. This maintenance includes the repair and/or replacement of lumber and the staining of the common area side of the fence. In some cases, repairs and/or replacement of lumber can be limited by landscape conditions in the homeowner's yard. Homeowners are expected to create adequate access for repairs and/or maintenance. Fences which border the school properties (or any other property which is not owned or maintained by the Associations) are the responsibility of the lot owner to maintain. Neither the Piney Creek Maintenance Association, Inc. nor the Piney Creek Recreational Association, Inc. are aware of specific details regarding shared fencing between neighbors. Neighbors are encouraged to negotiate their responsibility for private lot line fencing amongst themselves. 
  • chevron_rightIf Associations are Non Profit, why are we subject to any tax?
    During our most recent annual meeting, the subject of tax liability and tax status for the Associations was raised. Since the Association’s CPA was not in attendance, we sought his input and have published some comments here for your consideration.
    One of the most common misconceptions of HOAs is that non-profit means no taxes. Piney Creek Recreational Association is a 501(c)(7) corporation which classifies it as a tax exempt social/recreational organization. These organizations are exempt from paying tax on income related to the purpose for which the organization exists ("exempt function income") but are taxed on any unrelated business taxable income ("UBTI"). The reason PCR exists is to provide and maintain recreational amenities for its members. Membership fees and related collection fees are examples of exempt function income. Earning interest at the bank, receiving money from a utility company in exchange for an easement or receiving a gain on the sale of a foreclosed home are examples of UBTI and are taxable.
    Piney Creek Maintenance falls under Internal Revenue Code 528. Section 528 specifies a series of provisions which, if met, allows them the option to file either Federal form 1120 or 1120-H. Form 1120 is a standard corporate income tax return (e.g. General Motors files this form). Any net income (or operating surplus) is taxed at 15% up to $50,000 but HOAs rarely have income larger than that. Form 1120-H is specifically for HOAs and does not tax the HOA on any income related to the purpose for which the Association exists. Income is taxed at a flat 30% on the 1120-H. The reason why the majority of HOA returns are filed using form 1120-H despite the higher tax rate is that form 1120-H is far less complex to prepare (and less expensive to have prepared) and the majority of HOAs do not have taxable income thereby making the difference in tax rates a non-issue.
  • chevron_rightWho do I contact regarding a neighborhood pet problem?
    Piney Creek continually receives complaints about pets running loose or pets making excessive noise. If a pet is causing a persistent problem, you may contact the City of Centennial Animal Services at 303-325-8070 or after hours at 303-795-4711.
  • chevron_rightWho performs street maintenance?
    Public streets in Piney Creek are maintained by the City of Centennial Public Works Department. This includes street maintenance, sidewalk repair/replacement and snow removal. The 24-hour call center can be reached at 303-325-8000.
  • chevron_rightWho should I call when a streetlight is out?
    When you notice a streetlight is not working properly, contact:
    Intermountain Rural Electric Association
    5496 North U.S. Hwy 85
    P.O. Drawer A
    Sedalia, CO 80135
    303-688-3100 Ext. 300
    Please provide the exact location of the street light problem. Cross streets or street addresses are most helpful.
    In the event you are having problems getting a street light repaired, contact the community manager at 303-699-8069.
  • chevron_rightWhy do solicitors show up at my door when Piney Creek is clearly marked "NO SOLICITING"?
    Piney Creek is constantly targeted by door-to-door solicitors. Although Piney Creek is posted with "NO SOLICITING" signs, the Sheriff has informed us that there is no ordinance within Arapahoe County that allows the Sheriff to enforce our "NO SOLICITING" signs. There are laws about criminal trespass and harassment that allow private homeowners to file complaints against individuals and the companies they represent. If you are having a problem with a solicitor or door-to-door sales person, please call the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office at 303-795-4710. The best advice from the Sheriff's Office is to avoid the solicitor by refusing to open your door to a person you do not know or recognize.
Management Company
  • chevron_rightWho is the management company for the Piney Creek Maintenance Association and the Piney Creek Recreational Association?
    Westwind Management Group, Inc.
    27 Inverness Drive East
    Englewood, CO 80112
    Ofc: 303-369-1800
    Fax: 303-369-0007
    On-Site Community Manager
    Ofc: 303-699-8069
    Fax: 303-699-1429
    Association Business Manager: Mark Walker, CMCA®
    Ofc: 303-369-1800 x123
    Fax: 303-996-4104
    Accounting Department: Anais Torres
    Ofc: 303-369-1800 x113
    Westwind Management Group, Inc. performs all financial and business management services for both associations. They prepare the monthly financial statements, collect maintenance fees, distribute the maintenance fee coupon books, prepare account status letters for title companies and can assist you with setting up an Authorization Agreement For Direct Deposits (EFT Credits) for the automatic payment of your maintenance fees.
    Questions and assistance regarding Architectural Control Committee issues, clubhouse reservations, use of the recreational facilities, etc. should be addressed with the on-site Community Manager at 303-699-8069.
  • chevron_rightWho is the management company for the Village sub-division (filing #7)?)
    The Village sub-division also known as the Piney Creek Homeowners Association, Inc. is managed by:
    Westwind Management Group, Inc.
    27 Inverness Drive East
    Englewood, CO 80112
    Ofc: 303-369-1800
    Fax: 303-369-0007
    Association Business Manager: Christine Williams, CMCA®, AMS®, PCAM®
    Ofc: 303-699-8069
    Fax: 303-699-1429
    Accounting Department: Anais Torres
    Ofc: 303-369-1800 x113
  • chevron_rightWho is the management company for the Overlook sub-division?
    1825 Lawrence St. Ste 311
    Denver, Colorado  80202
    Phone:(303) 832-2971
  • chevron_rightCan I advertise in the Piney Creek "Chronicle"?
    The "Chronicle" accepts paid advertising and classified ads. Piney Creek residents may place reasonably sized classified ads (non business) free of charge. Please contact the management office at 303-369-1800 x 121 to obtain information on ad sizes, rates and submission requirements. You can also click here.
  • chevron_rightHow often is the Piney Creek "Chronicle" newsletter published?
    The newsletter has historically been published quarterly. In 2021 we began publishing smaller editions more frequently, in order to provide more timely information. Submission deadlines for articles, letters to the editor, paid advertising and classified advertising are January 17th, April 17th, July 17th and October 17th. You may obtain further information about the newsletter by clicking here. Please call the management office at 303-369-1800 x112 with your other questions about the Piney Creek Chronicle newsletter.
Recreational Amenities
Swimming Pool
  • chevron_rightAre swimming lessons available?
    Swimming lessons are available through the lifeguard staff. The lifeguard staff are employees of the pool management company hired by the Piney Creek Recreational Association, Inc. to manage the swimming pool facilities. Swimming lessons are an additional cost item and all arrangements for swimming lessons are a private contract and understanding between interested homeowners of Piney Creek and the pool management company. The swimming lesson session schedule is generally published in the Piney Creek "Chronicle" newsletter prior to the pool opening. Swim lesson sign-ups begin the first day that the pool is open. Arrangements for swim lessons must be made with the lifeguard staff.
  • chevron_rightCan I reserve the swimming pool?
    Yes, the swimming pool is available for reservation to members of the Piney Creek Recreation Association, but only after open swim hours (close to 11:00 pm). The cost to reserve the pool is $15 per lifeguard, per hour. One lifeguard is required for every 20 people attending the event, whether or not they intend to swim. Pool reservations are not permitted during open swim hours. If you are interested in reserving the pool, please contact the Onsite Community Manager at 303.699.8069 or via email at Additional information regarding pool reservations can be found in the Swimming Pool Rules or by clicking here.
  • chevron_rightHow does the "Heat" swim team work?
    The Piney Creek "Heat" is a great swim program open to all Piney Creek kids as young as 5 and as old as 18. Swimmers must meet a few requirements to be on the team and all children of Piney Creek are encouraged to participate. The Piney Creek "Heat" swim team is organized, supervised and run by a parent Board of Directors. The team is not run by the Piney Creek Recreational Association. Information regarding the swim team is generally published in the 1st and 2nd quarter Piney Creek "Chronicle" newsletter. You may obtain current contact information for the swim team by calling the on-site community manager at 303-699-8069. You may also obtain further on-line information regarding the Piney Creek "Heat" swim team by clicking here .
  • chevron_rightWhat are the hours for open swim?
    The pool will open one hour earlier on weekends, and close one hour later on Friday and Saturday.
    Monday - Thursday    11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
    Friday                        11:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
    Saturday                    9:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
    Sunday                      9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
    During the Piney Creek "Heat" swim season (from approximately the beginning of the pool season until the third week in July), open swim hours are adjusted for swim meets hosted at the Piney Creek pool. These hours and dates will be posted here .
  • chevron_rightWhen does the swimming pool open and close?
    The pool opens on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and closes at the end of the day on the Monday of Labor Day weekend.
  • chevron_rightHow do I get a key for the tennis courts?
    Access to the tennis courts requires a key card or access through the OpenPath app on your mobile device. Members of the Piney Creek Recreational Association, Inc. may obtain a key card from the on-site community manager, 303-699-8069.  Instructions to request access via OpenPath are here .
  • chevron_rightHow do I reserve a tennis court?
    Tennis courts are made online on the Tennis Reservations page of this web site.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the hours for tennis court use?
    Tennis court hours are typically from dawn to dusk. The six (6) lit courts, two (2) on the east side and all four (4) on the west side, are available for use until 10:00 p.m. each evening. The lights are on timers. The timer for courts 3 and 4 on the east side of S. Joplin Way is located inside the gate of court 3. The lights for courts 5, 6, 7 & 8 on the west side are activated by the same key that opens the court gates. The key switch is located at each gate.
  • chevron_rightWho runs the tennis programs at Piney Creek?
    The Piney Creek Recreational Association, Inc. has an agreement with Ryan Freeman Tennis, to manage the tennis programs. There are numerous programs, lessons, leagues, etc. available for both adults and children. The Rules and Regulations for tennis court use are available on-line by clicking here.
  • chevron_right How does trash removal work at Piney Creek?
    Piney Creek has a master contract with Republic Services (303-286-1200) for trash removal. The cost of trash removal is included in your monthly maintenance fee paid to the Piney Creek Maintenance Association. Trash pickup day is every Monday with recycling days being every other Monday.
    More information can be found here.
    Be Courteous With Your Trash!
    1. Trash bags and trash containers must be stored in areas that are not visible from the street and are not visible to neighbors at all times.
    2. Trash bags and/or trash containers may be placed out for collection as early as the night before trash pickup day and empty containers should be returned to their proper storage area the day of trash collection. Trash should be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on Mondays.
    3. Trash should be secured within closed containers or tied trash bags. Please do not place out trash that can be blown all over the neighborhood.
    4. If you are uncertain as to whether Republic Services will pickup your unusual trash (landscape debris, furniture, move in or move out trash, appliances, hazardous materials, etc.) call Republic Services (303-286-1200).
    Thank You For Your Cooperation